Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Things I Miss From America

So I've been missing home a lot recently. Why? I don't really know, but maybe because I've been sick for two weeks now, literally on the couch sleeping eight hours each day. It's not fun. So I guess I've been thinking about all the comforts of home, things that you wish you had to make you feel better when you're sick, that just aren't available here, or aren't available in the form you're used to. Here is a list of things that I've come up with that may be surprising that we can't find here:
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (with sliced hot dogs added!)
- Hot Dogs
- Dole Canned Mandarin Oranges
- Tylenol
- Muffin Mixes
- Cake Mixes
- Frozen biscuits
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins
- Cilantro
- Old movies in English (Blockbuster!)
- The Today Show
- Yummy, Non-Expensive Restaurants with Greasy Food (Chili's, Chevy's, Red Robbins, El Torito, El Pollo Loco, Subway, Blimpies, BJ's, Chipotle, etc.)
- In-N-Out
- Frozen Chicken
- Hot-N-Spicy Cheez-It's
- Wheat Thins
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cheddar Cheese
- SUN and WARMTH!!!
- the Beach
- Having a Car and not having to walk 30 minutes in 10 degree weather to get to your doctor's appointment
- Having a Car and not having to get back on your bike in 10 degree weather on your way home from your Friday night date
- Pepperoni
- Canned Frosting
- Hot Pockets
- Russett Potatoes
- Pretzels
- Ranch Dressing
- Having a choice of a million different cereals
- Instant Oatmeal
- Familiar English Radio Stations
- Palm Trees
- Did I say SUN?
- Barnes and Noble
- TARGET!
- J.Crew
- Church in English
- Zatarran's Jambalaya and Cheese Rice Mix (mmm!)
- Gatorade
- Saltine Crackers
- Malls
- Freeways
- Friends
- Real Peanut Butter (not the sticky French kind)
- College Ruled Lined Notebooks
- Mom's Home Cooking
- Chocolate Chips (except mom brought me a 6lb. bag at Christmas!)
- Reality Television
- Bagels and Cream Cheese
- Trail Mix
- Mom, Dad, Kevin and Abby (our cute little English Cocker)
- Cellphones
- Superbowl, Basketball, other American sports on TV
- English
- Home!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you enjoyed the Kraft M&C yet? =)