Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In Memory of Ella Joy Kimmons

Ella Joy Kimmons was born at 4:38pm on June 18th, 2007

Little Ella inside mommy 3 weeks ago



Ella weighed 2 pounds, and was 13 ½ inches long. Jesus had already taken our little girl home by the time we were able to meet her, but we enjoyed the 7 months that we did have with her before seeing her beautiful little face.

Ella had a full head of dark hair, a round face with a cute tiny nose and rosebud lips. Her eyes were closed peacefully, and we could see her long eyelashes peeking out from underneath. Everything about her was perfectly formed, knitted together inside me by our wonderfully skilled Maker. She was perfection in miniature form. She had long slender fingers like her daddy, and little feet that were exact replicas of her mom. She had little fingernails, elbows and knees, and tiny little bones that made up her arms and legs and little chest. What must her spirit be like, to have also been endowed with such a beautiful body? Jesus made her just for Himself, and I was privileged to carry her.

Jesus, please take care of Ella Joy until we join her in heaven, and tell her how much we love her!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Karen and Rob, I'm so sorry! It's hard to believe that it's only been a year since I saw you guys--it seems like so much has happened since then. I'm sure little Ella was just perfect--how could she not be when she was the daughter of two such dear people, and formed so carefully by our Father. I can't even imagine what you two are experiencing right now. I love you guys and am thinking of you lots and lots.

Anonymous said...

Karen and Rob, honestly we don't know what to say or write to bring comfort to you both other than we are so sorry for the loss of little Ella. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. May God give you new strength everday to bless His name! We love you and hope you feel our love and prayers from here to there. Love, Barb Newkirk and Kari Ketterling (and family)

Anonymous said...

Rob and Karen, I knew Rob from Church in Greensboro. Pardon the cliche but Kelly and I are praying and weeping with you. I know that you know but try to remember when it hurts God Knows and he is right there with you. If we can do anything stdnt4life@verizon.net.
--Dwight Ludington
Holley, NY